Histology Technician Jobs
A Histology Technician is a key member of a pathology laboratory team, in charge of handling, receiving, processing, and preparing tissue samples that the lab’s pathologist later examines. The histology tech is overall in charge of coordinating tasks and activities within the lab to ensure a proper diagnosis of any patient illnesses.
If you’re a Histology Tech looking for job opportunities, we are looking for you! A bright future lies ahead for histology technicians, both those now working in the field and those who wish to pursue it.
Find the best paid Histology Technician Jobs nursing jobsStart your easy and fast search of Stability Healthcare's nationwide Histology Technician Jobs traveling nurse jobs here. Our mission is to provide the adventure and exploration of travel, along with the comforts of home!
Stability Healthcare has job opportunities for qualified professionals looking for Travel Histology Tech Jobs. At Stability Healthcare we are looking for leading histology techs who share a passion for their careers.
Histology technicians carry out several tasks involved in the diagnosis of pathologies from tissue samples. They prepare slides of surgical, cytology, and autopsy specimens by operating very precise equipment and using various dyes and chemicals to make any abnormality in their tissue samples visible through a microscope.
Find The Best Paid Histology Tech Jobs with Stability Healthcare
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that the number of jobs available for medical equipment preparers will increase by 7% from 2021 to 2031.
We offer positions with plenty of employee benefits, development opportunities, travel and living support, and the best-paid Histology Technician jobs. Get the perfect traveling job today in Stability Healthcare!
Histology Technician Pay Rate
We’re looking for experienced and self-motivated registered and professional Histology Technicians to join our growing team. You can get a week-long travel assignment or work under the system of 48-hour workweeks and get a weekly or annual salary.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual pay for histology technicians is $58,000, with an average hourly wage of $27.80, although travel histology techs frequently make more than the average. The benefits of working as a Histology Technician are great and rewarding.
Start your easy and fast search for Stability Healthcare’s nationwide traveling histology tech jobs if you want to work in high-tech facilities, pathology labs, and cutting-edge hospitals, all while getting to know new places and people!
Histology Technician Job Description
Playing a crucial role in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, histology technicians (HTs) are specialized medical lab workers that prepare tissue samples from patients for the pathologist to examine. Also known as histologic technicians in some facilities, they receive specimens taken from surgical, diagnostic, or even autopsy cases and create microscopic structures for analyzing, along with also sorting, logging, and prioritizing these samples. They also prepare solutions, stains, and reagents according to the written and standard procedures.
After receiving orders from physicians and pathologists, the histology technician will coordinate the day-to-day tasks and activities in the pathology department to execute in a proper manner all routine or special procedures. Histology techs also manage and maintain the supplies and laboratory equipment, keeping it ready when the pathologist needs them. Histology techs can specialize in areas like muscle or kidney biopsies, immunohistochemistry staining, dermatology specimens, and frozen sectioning.
Identifying and understanding any pathology, like cancer, would be impossible without the contributions and skills these allied health professionals bring to the lab.
What Does a Histology Tech Do?
- They receive orders from physicians or pathologists to begging the task of preparing tissue samples.
- Retrieves the specimens from the surgery department or others.
- Coordinate tasks in the lab or pathology area using standard or special procedures.
- Prepare the thin samples of human or even animal tissue on slides for analysis using the standard advanced procedure involving.
- Operates instruments and equipment meant for dehydrating tissue, clearing sections, paraffin impregnation, cutting the tissue sample, staining or dying the samples, and mounting them on slides.
- Sorts specimens according to priority and difficulty.
- sts the tissue in accordance with the needs of the pathologist.
- Manages the supplies and maintains the laboratory procedures for quality control.
- Maintains all histology lab equipment in proper shape, ready, and clean, including sharpening and honing the microtome knives.
Histology Technician Jobs Skills and Qualifications Requirements
- Registered Histology Technician (ASCP) or at least eligible for such registration or have a high school education.
- Experience for a minimum of five years as a Histology Technician or one training under a registered Histology Technologist.
- Verifiable experience with several medical tools and equipment.
- Ability to manipulate and perceive three-dimensional and geometric spaces for when cutting paraffin blocks and other histology equipment.
- Excellent finger dexterity.
- Exceptional communication with team members.
- Excellent interpersonal relations with others.
- Great attention to detail and precision when it comes to recording data.
- Although not required, experience dealing with patients is preferred.
Are you looking for a Travel Histology Tech career option? Check out our job opportunities at Stability Healthcare and start a new step in your career!