Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR) Job Description
CVOR nurses provide direct patient care in the CVOR surgical suite as part of the cardiovascular surgical services team. They are responsible for a wide range of tasks that demand a diverse set of talents, such as caring for cardiovascular patients before, during, and after surgical procedures. CVOR nurses oversee sterility throughout the operating room, as well as the availability of working equipment and supplies for each procedure. They also help surgeons with surgeries, such as running cardiopulmonary bypass equipment and monitoring vital signs. Other frequent responsibilities include:
- Supervising the sterilizing process.
- Prescription drug administration.
- Putting on dressings.
- Providing guidelines for aftercare and educating patients and their families.
- Keeping track of surgery results is essential.
- Completing patient charts.
CVOR Nurse Duties & Responsibilities
Surgical services, operating room (OR) teams, and specialized areas that treat open-heart (cardiovascular) patients, are all part of CVOR nursing positions. Clinicians in this specialty work in the CVOR, ensure that sterile procedures are followed, that appropriate equipment and medications are available, and that the patient’s safety is first on the list. Patients are cared for, clinical problems are solved, monitoring is done, and CVOR coordination is carried away by a CVOR travel nurse.
Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR) RN Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in nursing is required for all cardiovascular operating room nursing jobs, including temporary and travel employment offered by stabilityhealthcare.com. RNs must additionally finish a departmental training program as well as a CVOR nursing course.
The following are the requirements for applying for our CVOR travel nursing position:
- Recognize warning signs and symptoms and respond immediately in an emergency. In an emergency, the ability to react with attention and skill (e.g., cardiac or respiratory arrest, hemorrhage, shock, severe physical trauma, and psychiatric reaction).
- Maintaining a positive attitude with all individuals involved in patient care requires knowledge of interpersonal relationships and the ability to maintain composure and react appropriately while relating to patients, families, physicians, coworkers, and staff; as well as managing distraught, irritable, unreasonable, or angry individuals.
- A valid RN license is required. BSN degree recommended.
- Degree in nursing. Professional nursing experience of at least 1-2 years is required, with operating room experience.
- BLS certification; CNOR, ACLS, and/or PALS certifications.
- In order to ensure patient safety and quality monitoring, great attention to detail is required.
- In order to coordinate care across the CVOR, strong organizational abilities are required.
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse Salary
Because of the complexities and sophisticated training required in these professions, CVOR nurses earn very competitive rates. RNs working in the CVOR make $96,036 per year, or about $1,847 per week and $46.18 per hour.
Cardiovascular operating room nurse salary is an average of $2,032 per week, according to Vivian’s salary data from 2019. Travel nurses with a permanent tax residence typically make even more by taking advantage of tax-free stipends like housing allowances and meal per diems, which boost their entire compensation package.
Benefits Of Traveling With Stability Health
Our recruiters will work with you to plan out various assignments for your travel career in advance. You get the following benefits with Stability Healthcare:
We are here to look after our applicants. If you travel with Stability Healthcare as a CVOR Travel Nurse, you get:
- Day 1 Premium Insurance: Starting on the first day of your assignment, you will be covered by premium insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance)
- $15,000 Company-paid Life/ADD Insurance
Yes, Travel Nurses can earn more money with various assignments, but the good news is that it’s not simply the money that attracts people to work as CVOR travel nurses. With bonuses, extra shift compensation, and full benefits, travel nurses can significantly improve their earnings in a short period of time.
Stability Healthcare’s incentives and advantages help Cardiovascular Operating Room Travel Nurses earn more money. CVOR travel nurse jobs in Stability Healthcare offer:
- PTO for All Nurses
- Travel Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- Extra Hours Bonus
- Guaranteed Stipend
- Paid Compliance Costs
Be the best you can be! Join our nationwide network of outstanding healthcare experts. Take advantage of all the professional development opportunities that are presented to you. Come learn about the great joy and job satisfaction that CVOR travel nurses feel when they are able to help others who are in need. Stability Healthcare offers many benefits to your career, such as:
- Nationwide Jobs
- Prestigious Facilities
- 401 (k) Plan
- Joint Commission Certified
Are you looking for a Cardiovascular Operating Room Travel Nursing position? Check our job opportunities at Stability Healthcare and start a new chapter in your career!