Critical-care nursing, or Intensive-Care-Unit (ICU) nursing, takes an understanding mind, quick thinking and requires focus and stamina.
Find the best paid Intensive Care Unit (ICU) nursing jobsStart your easy and fast search of Stability Healthcare's nationwide Intensive Care Unit (ICU) traveling nurse jobs here. Our mission is to provide the adventure and exploration of travel, along with the comforts of home!
Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nursing Job DescriptionIntensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurses treat acutely ill patients with life-threatening conditions, in settings requiring continuous vigilance and high-intensity therapies. ICU nurses can specialize in a variety of disciplines including medical, surgical, cardiac, burn or Neuro ICU.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse Job Requirements
- Active BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association
- Active professional license within the state of practice
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), NIHSS (stroke care certification) and Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) credentials are recommended and may be required for specific travel nurse positions
- Other specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific travel nurse positions
- Critical Care experience in a hospital setting