Licensure Guide

To help ease the process of finding work as a traveling RN, you have to be licensed by the state where you will be working as a nurse, and you will also need a multistate license.

View Licensing Guides Per State

Search Results

Travel Nurses, All Professions
Travel Nurses, All Professions
Travel Nurses, All Professions
West Virginia
Travel Nurses, All Professions
Travel Nurses, All Professions
Travel Nurses, All Professions

Licensing Guide For Travel Nurses In Alabama


  1. Submit online application at
  2. Pay the associated fees
  3. Provide proof of citizenship or legal presence.
    1. United States citizens need to mail in this checklist
    2. Non-citizens need to mail in this checklist
  4. Submit a notarized copy of your current nursing license.
  5. Submit official transcripts
    1. Details about how official transcripts need to be sent 
  6. Submit documentation for continuing education
    1. Details about CE
  7. Verification from your original state of licensure
    1. Details
  8. Submit required documentation if you answered “yes” to any of the regulatory questions.

You must submit a detailed written explanation of the circumstances surrounding the event(s) which you are disclosing on your application. You must also submit additional supporting documentation.


  1. Proof of citizenship or legal presence
  2. Notarized copy of the current license
  3. Official sealed transcripts
  4. Documentation of continuing education


Alabama Board of Nursing does not provide a definitive timeline. Timing is dependent upon your willingness to be proactive as items are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Processing takes 24-48 hours upon receipt of all required documentation. The temporary license is valid for 120 days and is nonrenewable.


Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years

  • Registered Nurses renew their licenses in the even years
  • The annual renewal period runs from September 1 through December 31

24 contact hours are required

  • This requirement is prorated in the case of first-time licensees


Endorsement Application
Temporary Permit
Transaction Fee

Start building your career today!