Licensure Guide

To help ease the process of finding work as a traveling RN, you have to be licensed by the state where you will be working as a nurse, and you will also need a multistate license.

View Licensing Guides Per State

Search Results

All Professions, Travel Nurses
All Professions, Travel Nurses
All Professions, Travel Nurses
West Virginia
All Professions, Travel Nurses
All Professions, Travel Nurses
All Professions, Travel Nurses

Licensing Guide For Travel Nurses In Vermont


  1. Register for an account
  2. Complete an application for Licensure by Endorsement online
  3. Pay the associated fees
  4. Submit verification of your original nursing license AND the nursing license from your most recent state of nursing employment
    1. If the state(s) participate in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Vermont as the receipt of the verification.
    2. If the state(s) do not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Boards directly for further instructions. You will need to send them the Verification of License form to complete and submit to the Vermont Board of Nursing on your behalf.


  1. Verification of Original State License 
  2. Verification of all licenses
  3. Social Security Number
  4. Official Transcripts
  5. 2×2 photo within 6 months
  6. Drivers License, Government ID, or Passport


Temporary License Time-Frame: Unavailable

Permanent License Time-Frame: Approximately 3-5 business days upon receipt of all required documents


Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years

No continuing education requirements

Practice hour requirements – provide proof of either 50 days or 400 hours in the last two years.

  1. 30 days after the renewal period ends, OPR conducts an audit. A percentage of licensees are chosen at random. OPR will review the information uploaded at renewal and if selected you will need to obtain a letter verifying your practice hours.
  2. You must be licensed or certified in good standing in another jurisdiction in which the standards and qualifications required for regulation in that jurisdiction are substantially equivalent to Vermont’s
  3. You must have worked a minimum of 50 days (400 hours) in the last two years, or 120 days (960 hours) in the last 5 years under that license.


Endorsement Application
Application Fee

Start building your career today!