Stability revolves around Privacy
If you are a California resident, our privacy practices comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and any CCPA-specific information is identified in this Policy. Explanation of your rights under the CCPA can be found here.
- On our websites, including stabilityhealthcare.com;
- On our mobile application(s), including https://stabilityhealthcare.com/app/dash;
- In communications between you and Stability, including via email and text;
- When you interact with our advertising and content on third-party websites and services.
If you are a California resident, our privacy practices comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
California-specific provisions. Certain provisions of this Policy, which are clearly labelled, apply only to residents of California. Otherwise, this Policy applies to all users of our Services, regardless of location.
2. What Personal Information does Stability collect?
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information (whether stored electronically or in paper based filing systems) relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal Information comprises the categories of Personal Information defined by the CCPA, which includes:
|Identifiers||Name, address, email, phone, social security number, driver’s license|
|Other Data||Signature, financial information, medical information, health insurance information|
|Protected Classes||Race, gender, sexual orientation, religion|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies|
|Biometric Information||Fingerprints, retina scans, face prints|
|Internet Activity||Browsing history, search history, IP address, website interactions|
|Geolocation Data||GPS coordinates, location history|
|Sensory Data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory|
|Professional Data||Resume, employment history|
|Education Data||Educational background, grades, scores|
|Inferences||Drawn the above categories, such as preferences, characteristics, attitudes, predispositions, abilities, aptitudes, intelligence, psychological traits|
The examples given in this table are not meant to provide an exhaustive list, but are examples of the kinds of data included in some categories. Stability does not collect Personal Information in every one of these categories, and we identify below which categories we collect.
Personal Information under the CCPA also includes any other category of personal information not included within the CCPA’s definition that are defined in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e). We refer to this category as “Other Data.”
Stability collects only that Personal Information that is relevant for the purposes for which the data is requested. Stability does not use your Personal Information in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected or for which you have consented.
2.1 Personal Information Collected about Our Nurses and Prospective Employees
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information from nurses and others seeking employment with Stability:
- Identifiers: Name, address, email, phone, Social Security number, driver’s license, and other relevant identifiers, as applicable.
- Other Data (§ 1798.80): Signature, financial information required to conduct background checks, medical and health information, as necessary.
- Protected Classes: Gender and citizenship information, as necessary.
- Professional Data: Professional data such as a resume, education history, and citizenship information, as necessary
- Education Information: Educational background and schools attended, as needed.
- Inferences: Preferences, abilities, and aptitudes.
2.2 Personal Information Collected about Website Visitors or Callers
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information from visitors to our website and others who contact us to request information:
- Identifiers: Name, address, email, phone, if you contact us to request information about our Services;
- Internet Activity: When you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects and stores the following information:
- Like most websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers (e.g., a MAC address), language preference, referring website, date and time of access, operating system and mobile network information. We may use some of this information to reach out to potential, former, and current nursing applicants with targeted communications or marketing.
- We may also determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to determine statistics about our website, including how many people visit our website from certain geographic regions.
2.3 Sources of Personal Information
Personal Information You Volunteer
You may provide Stability with Personal Information when you submit a resume, fill out a form, or otherwise communicate with us via phone, email, our Site, or otherwise. Examples of scenarios in which you may share Personal Information with us include:
- Account and profile creation;
- Resume submission;
- Requesting customer support from Stability;
- Registering for email communications from Stability; and
- Completing a form on Stability’s Site.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our Site, Personal Information is automatically collected so we can facilitate your online experience and improve our Site. Examples of Personal Information we collect in this way can be found in Section 2.2.
Personal Information We Receive From Other Sources
We also receive Personal Information about you from third parties who operate other websites or services we use to provide our Services to you. We work closely with third parties, including, for example, our business partners, affiliates, and sub-contractors in technical and payment services, and advertising networks. For example, client facilities we work with may share information with us about the status of a candidate’s application, including whether an offer has been extended and whether a candidate is hired. Stability may also collect your Personal Information via social networking websites, if you authorize such websites to share that information with us.
3. How does Stability use Personal Information?
3.1 Personal Information Collected about Our Nurses and Prospective Employees
We will use this information:
- to provide you with the Services that you request from us or our business partners;
- to provide personalized content;
- to respond to and process your job application and CV;
- to communicate with you during the interview and hiring process;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, our business partners, or affiliates;
- to make inquiries about you for background check and reference purposes;
- to contact you in the future to provide you with information about other products and services we offer, or that are offered by our affiliates or third party vendors;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- as necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Stability, our clients, business partners or others;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and court orders;
- to respond to law enforcement requests;
- as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA; and
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
3.2 Personal Information Collected about Website Visitors or Callers
We will use this information:
- to provide information you requested about our Services;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to advertise our Services to you; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
4. Do we share your Personal Information with any third parties?
Stability does not sell your Personal Information to any third parties. To provide the Services, we sometimes disclose Personal Information to service providers for business purposes. Sometimes we disclose your Personal Information that we have collected to those third parties; in other cases, the third parties collect your Personal Information in the first instance and provide it to us.
Our service providers are contractually obligated to comply with all applicable laws (e.g., the CCPA), and all such third parties use your Personal Information only on behalf of Stability and under the instructions of Stability on how your information may be used and processed. Stability takes reasonable steps to ensure these third parties use your Personal Information only for the purposes for which they have been engaged by Stability, that they do not share or sell your Personal Information to anyone else.
By using our Services and sharing your Personal Information, you agree that we have the right to share the categories of Personal Information we collect, as identified in Section 2 with our service providers for the following business purposes identified below.
We do not disclose any Personal Information about our nurses, other employees, job applicants, or Site visitors to service providers except as permitted by law and/or with their consent. Personal Information about these individuals may be disclosed to service providers for the following business purposes:
- Contractual performance – We provide information to service providers who perform services or functions for us pursuant to a contractual agreement that prohibits the service provider from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which the information was disclosed;
- Web and behavioral analytics — analytics and search engine service providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site, as well as the customization of our Services for you;
- Targeted advertising – to provide advertising of Stability’s Services on other websites and platforms; and
- Cloud services – for provision of cloud storage services.
Stability works with various service providers in relation to the above business purposes, including Google and Hotjar. To learn more about how you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising please visit the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. To learn more about how you can opt-out of tracking by Hotjar, please visit https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/do-not-track/.
In addition to service providers, Stability also shares your Personal Information with third parties such as:
- Medical facilities that are clients or potential clients of Stability; and
- Government and regulatory entities.
Stability may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Participating in actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit, and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets;
- If we sell all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, in which case Personal Information about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Whenever we share information with third parties, we will take steps to ensure that the third parties put in place adequate measures to safeguard your Personal Information, and they will be required to use any Personal Information for only the intended purpose for which it was shared.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Stability has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records Personal Information categories
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Professional or employment-related information
- Non-public education information
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Stability has disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose to these categories of third parties:
- Medical facilities that are clients or potential clients of Stability; and
- Government and regulatory entities.
5. Our storage of your Personal Information
Stability uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing undertaken and the nature of the Personal Information we collect.
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on your interactions with us. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
6. Access to other websites
7. Additional Policies In Compliance with the CCPA
The CCPA affords California consumers the rights with respect to their Personal Information set forth in this section.
7.1 Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Used, Disclosed, or Sold
California consumers have the right to request that Stability disclose what Personal Information it has collected, used, disclosed, and sold over the 12-month period preceding Stability’s receipt of such a request. To exercise this right, a California consumer must submit to Stability a verifiable request to know such information. This request can be submitted by following the procedures set forth in Section 7.4 below.
7.2 Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
California consumers have the right to request the deletion of their Personal Information collected or maintained by Stability. To exercise this right, a California consumer must submit to Stability a verifiable request to delete such information. This request can be submitted by following the procedures set forth in Section 7.4 below.
7.3 Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
California consumers have the right to not be discriminated against because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under the CCPA. That means that a company may not deny goods or services to the consumer, charge different rates for goods or services, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services if the consumer chooses to exercise their rights under the CCPA (unless the different rate or different level or quality is reasonably related to the value to the business of the consumer’s data).
7.4 Submitting a CCPA Data Request
To submit a request to know about the Personal Information we collect about you as described in Section 7.1 or a request for deletion of your Personal Information as described in Section 7.2, please contact us by calling 855-742-4767 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Stability is required to verify the identity of the individual requesting access to a consumer’s data or requesting deletion of a consumer’s data. To verify your identity, we will rely upon information we have previously collected about you, such as phone calls received from a known phone number or emails received from an known email.
If the California consumer submitting a request is not a Stability nurse, such an individual who requested information through our website or a phone call to our “contact us” number, then we will verify identify by confirmation using the information we collected, such as phone number of email address.
7.5 Authorized Agent
California consumers may designate an authorized agent to exercise a CCPA right on the consumer’s behalf. If a consumer utilizes an authorized agent to exercise a CCPA right, the following proof that the agent has been authorized to act on the consumer’s behalf will need to be provided:
- Proof of written permission by the consumer for the authorized agent to act on his or her behalf and separate verification of the consumer; or
- Proof that the authorized agent holds a power of attorney to act on the consumer’s behalf pursuant to Cal. Probate Code §§ 4000-4465.
7.6 Exclusion for Business to Business Information
The rights set forth in this section do not apply to Personal Information reflecting a written or verbal communication or a transaction between Stability and the consumer, where the consumer is a natural person who is acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit, or government agency and whose communications or transaction with Stability occur solely within the context of the Stability conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from such company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or government agency.
7.7 Exclusion for Personal Information of Employees and Job Applicants
The rights set forth in this section do not apply to Personal Information collected about an individual who is an employee of Stability or information collected about an individual in the course of applying for employment with Stability. All such information is collected and used by Stability solely within the context of processing an individual’s employment application.
7.8 Exclusion for Health and Financial Sector Data
Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA), California’s Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA) are not subject to the CCPA. With respect to such information consumers do not have the enumerated rights under the CCPA set forth in this section.
8. Children’s privacy
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
10. Contacting us
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://stabilityhealthcare.com/contact/
- By phone number: 855-742-4767
By physical mail:
- Stability Healthcare Inc.
- Attention: Data Privacy Team
- 87 E Green St., Suite 203
- Pasadena, CA 91105
Please submit CCPA-specific data requests through the procedures set forth in Section 7.
Updated July 2020