Emergency rooms are on the front lines and must address "true emergencies" with patients coming from diverse backgrounds.
Find the best paid Emergency Room nursing jobsStart your easy and fast search of Stability Healthcare's nationwide Emergency Room traveling nurse jobs here. Our mission is to provide the adventure and exploration of travel, along with the comforts of home!
Emergency Room Nursing Job DescriptionEmergency room (ER) nurses provide care for patients requiring emergency attention because of physical trauma or acute illness. ER nurses work to quickly assess the needs of each patient to avoid long-term complications, disabilities, or even death.
Emergency Room Nurse Job Requirements
- Active BLS, ACLS, and PALS from the American Heart Association
- Active professional license within the state of practice
- The Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) credential and the Certified Emergency Room Nurse (CEN) Certification is recommended and may be required for specific travel nurse positions, NIHSS (stroke scale) is relevant for stemi centers
- Other specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific Emergency Room assignments
- ER experience in a hospital setting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an RN