As one of the most in-demand specialties in the nursing field, L&D nurses have opportunities in hospitals, birthing centers, and clinics across the US.
Find the best paid Labor and Delivery (L&D) nursing jobsStart your easy and fast search of Stability Healthcare's nationwide Labor and Delivery (L&D) traveling nurse jobs here. Our mission is to provide the adventure and exploration of travel, along with the comforts of home!
Labor and Delivery (L&D) Nursing Job DescriptionLabor and Delivery (L&D) Nurses care for women during labor and childbirth, monitoring the baby and the mother, coaching mothers and assisting doctors. As a L&D Nurse, you'll prepare women, and their families, for the stages of giving birth and help patients with breastfeeding after the baby is born.
Labor and Delivery (L&D) Nurse Job Requirements
- Active BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Active professional license within the state of practice
- Intermediate Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses (Intermediate or advanced AWHONN) and S.T.A.B.L.E. credentials are recommended and may be required
- Other specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions
- Experience as a Labor and Delivery Nurse