Med-Surg Travel Nursing Jobs
Find the best paid Med-Surg nursing jobsStart your easy and fast search of Stability Healthcare's nationwide Med-Surg traveling nurse jobs here. Our mission is to provide the adventure and exploration of travel, along with the comforts of home!
Perioperative nurses and Operating Room (OR) nurses are other terms for medical-surgical nurses. Medical-surgical nurses are in charge of providing care to patients before, during, and after surgical procedures. Surgical nurses help the operating room team during surgery and offer post-operative care to patients. These nurses work in a wide range of contexts outside the hospital ward. Inpatient clinics, HMOs, hospital and regulatory administration, teaching, outpatient or ambulatory care, home health care, nursing homes, and the military are some of the more prevalent job environments. When it comes to finding your next travel nurse opportunity, the Stability Healthcare team has you covered.
Medical-Surgical Travel Nurse Job Description
Medical-Surgical Nursing is a comprehensive specialty that entails providing clinical care to an adult patient population, typically in a hospital setting. Med-Surg nursing is a specialization that can be found on various units, ranging from the operating room to the recovery room.
Medical-Surgical Travel Nurse Duties & Responsibilities
Medical-Surgical Nurses are the unit’s master coordinators, handling care for multiple patients while keeping the entire health care team on the same page. They have solid critical-thinking abilities, extensive clinical knowledge, and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Many nursing specializations demand similar skill sets, but Medical-Surgical Nursing is distinguished by the intense level of coordination required from the time patients enter until they leave the hospital.
A medical-surgical nurse has the following responsibilities:
- Uses the nursing process in an efficient and accountable manner.
- Through practice and contact with patients and other employees, provides efficient and effective patient care.
- Coordinates patients’ care plans and consults with other team members to get the best possible outcomes.
- Follows the Board of Nursing’s and their employer’s policies, rules, standards, and procedures.
- Under the direction of the manager or charge nurse, works independently to implement care goals for patients and professional goals for themselves.
- In addition to primary tasks, may serve as charge nurse or resource nurse.
- Regularly assesses the patient competently.
- Determines effective interventions by prioritizing patient care and related challenges.
- Expands knowledge through didactic and experiential learning, contact hours, and certificates.
- Displays a caring and polite manner toward all coworkers, patients, and family members.
Medical-Surgical Nursing Qualifications
Medical-Surgical Travel Nurses general qualifications include:
- Active BLS from the American Heart Association.
- Active professional license within the state of practice.
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) credential is recommended and may be required for specific registered nurses and travel nurse positions.
- Other specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions.
- Experience as an oncology RN in a hospital setting.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an RN.
- Take and pass the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Earning an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Medical-Surgical Nurse Salary
A Med-Surg nurse’s average income is $62,472, with a salary range of $36,512 – $92,282. As with any nursing specialization, a nurse’s compensation is determined by her location, experience, education, and applicable certifications. While hard statistics are difficult to obtain, nurses may begin by completing their BSN degree for a general increase in compensation.
Benefits Of Traveling With Stability Health
Our Stability Healthcare recruiter will work with you to plan out various assignments for your travel career in advance. You get the following benefits with Stability Healthcare:
Stability Healthcare incentives and benefits enhance Medical-Surgical Travel Nurse’s compensation. Such as:
- Day 1 Premium Insurance: Starting on the first day of your assignment, you will be covered by premium insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance).
- $15,000 Company-paid Life/ADD Insurance.
Yes, Travel Nurses can earn more money with various assignments. Still, it’s not simply the money that attracts people to work as medical-surgical travel nurses; with bonuses, extra shift compensation, stipends, and above-average compensation, travel nurses can significantly improve their earnings in a short period of time.
Stability Healthcare’s incentives and advantages help medical-surgical nurses earn more money. Such as the following:
- PTO for All Nurses
- Travel Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- Extra Hours Bonus
- Guaranteed Stipend
- Paid Compliance Costs
You will obtain many benefits if you apply to position yourself as a strong candidate for a medical-surgical travel nurse career. Stability Healthcare offers:
- Nationwide Jobs
- Prestigious Facilities
- 401 (k) Plan
Are you looking for a Medical-Surgical Travel Nursing career option? Check our nursing job opportunities at Stability Healthcare and start a new step in your career!