Medical/Surgical Travel Nursing Jobs
Traditionally viewed as an entry level position, today Med/Surg is a specialty as it requires nurses to master so many skills.
Find the best paid Medical/Surgical nursing jobsStart your easy and fast search of Stability Healthcare's nationwide Medical/Surgical traveling nurse jobs here. Our mission is to provide the adventure and exploration of travel, along with the comforts of home!
Medical/Surgical Nursing Job DescriptionThe majority of hospitalized patients are admitted to M/S either directly or after surgery. M/S is also where patients who have been in critical care (ICU) are transferred when they no longer need critical care but still require nursing care.
Medical/Surgical Nurse Job Requirements
- Active BLS from the American Heart Association
- Active professional license within the state of practice
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) credentialing through the American Heart Association is recommended and may be required for specific registered nurses and travel nurse positions
- Other specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions
- Experience as a Med-Surg Nurse in a hospital setting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an RN
Medical-Surgical Nurse Salary
A Med-Surg nurse’s average income is $62,472, with a salary range of $36,512 – $92,282. As with any nursing specialization, a nurse’s compensation is determined by her location, experience, education, and applicable certifications. While hard statistics are difficult to obtain, nurses may begin by completing their BSN degree for a general increase in compensation.
Benefits Of Traveling With Stability Health
Our Stability Healthcare recruiter will work with you to plan out various assignments for your travel career in advance. You get the following benefits with Stability Healthcare:
Stability Healthcare incentives and benefits enhance Medical-Surgical Travel Nurse’s compensation. Such as:
- Day 1 Premium Insurance: Starting on the first day of your assignment, you will be covered by premium insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance).
- $15,000 Company-paid Life/ADD Insurance.
Yes, Travel Nurses can earn more money with various assignments. Still, it’s not simply the money that attracts people to work as medical-surgical travel nurses; with bonuses, extra shift compensation, stipends, and above-average compensation, travel nurses can significantly improve their earnings in a short period of time.
Stability Healthcare’s incentives and advantages help medical-surgical nurses earn more money. Such as the following:
- PTO for All Nurses
- Travel Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- Extra Hours Bonus
- Guaranteed Stipend
- Paid Compliance Costs
You will obtain many benefits if you apply to position yourself as a strong candidate for a medical-surgical travel nurse career. Stability Healthcare offers:
- Nationwide Jobs
- Prestigious Facilities
- 401 (k) Plan
Are you looking for a Medical-Surgical Travel Nursing career option? Check our job opportunities at Stability Healthcare and start a new step in your career!